Thursday, May 2, 2013

Wow...its one of them dayz...

Today was one of those days where NOTHING appeases you. The damn near sneeze pisses you off! I definitely woke up on the WRONG side of bed this morning and have been paying for it all day. This day has been hard, and a huge test of patience. I have been very short with the kids and angry at everything, my dirty car has no air conditioning now, and trust me...95 degree weather with NO air conditioning, can make a bad day....real bad.

Traffic was horrific, getting from A to B seemed to take twice as long. A typical shower turned into slipping on a rubber ducky. Normal phone calls turned into arguments, and then some tears. You call your family states away to vent, in turn they start to be concerned about you. The kids have this weird sense where they secretly KNOW your having a bad day, so backseat fighting has turned into screaming, pinching, pulling of hair, mom he took my shoes, mom she hit me... Now I know why my mom used to "brake check" us kids. Came in real handy today. Why wasn't I blessed with a third row vehicle??? My dog busted out of the dog run, in turn tore up our new fruit trees. I forgot Chloe's new dance tights so she wore grass stained ripped up dance tights. Wow, was I that mom today? Darn it! Sorry Miss Ann!!! I am the horrible excuse for a mother that doesn't keep a water bottle handy AT ALL TIMES. Now my 4 year old hates me. Yes it was a bad bad bad day. The day where the bills wont pay themselves no matter how hard you pray. The day where the laundry wont walk to the laundry room and wash themselves. A day where getting up just to grab a glass of water is as painful as a root canal.





All I tell myself is....If i would have gone to the gym, would I have had such a bad day? Maybe I could have triggered my bad mood elsewhere.

Then Daddy comes home. The "funner" parent as they say.

And he saves the day.

Nothing is better in the HOT afternoon like a homemade slip n slide. Mommy is happy because the "he hit mes" and the "mommy im hungrys" are silent for just a moment. And all you hear now are happy screams, and laughing, and those make you smile. For just a moment, you smile.



I don't pray a lot. But I prayed today. Unlike a wish on a wishing star, I will tell you what I prayed. I prayed for some guidance, for some help, for a light at the end of the tunnel. To give me a sign, am I doing the right thing? Am i on the right path? Do i continue or go back? Is this bad day going to pass? Help me to be more patient today with my babies. Tell me.....that I will be ok.

I don't know if i will get any answers. Most answers i receive I'm probably too blinded to see. But i am working on that.

So for that moment I smiled, i thought. Ok. All I had was a bad day. I'm allowed right?

Oh but don't worry. For those 20 minutes passed very quickly, and that smile was shaken off like someone waking you out of a deep sleep. One kid started crying because the other went out of turn. Then here comes the throwing of fists and kicks, before Daddy & Mommy become now a team of referees. Then more crying because "we're cold" or "i want warm clothes on" oh and must not forget "i want a snack!!" 

The smile was good while it lasted. Maybe that was my one sign that everything is ok. I guess all the rest is a test of patience.

Is it 5 o'clock yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment